Old Has Become New

Mr. C and I have recently moved.  We have been trying to figure out how to decorate each room in a way that is both functional and pleasing to the eye.  Since it is just us, we have two guest rooms right now.  So I needed to create a space for doing crafts and sewing.  Instantly I thought of a craft table.  So I scoured Craigslist and found a local flea market that had an old butcher block style kitchen table. 




It was only $40 and a little scratched up, but that didn't matter because I knew I wanted to paint it black anyway.  I used Rustoleum products.  No, this post is not sponsered by them.  They, in fact, have no idea of who I am.  However, I have used these products in the past and found them to work well.  I used the gray primer and black semi-gloss paint.


First I primed the piece with the spray primer.  That stuff is so easy to use.  Especially if you get one of those triggers for the spray can, it makes spray painting a breeze.


I let the primed piece dry for a couple of hours.  Then, with a wide brush, I painted the table black.  I did two coats.  This is the finished product. 


This piece really became exactly what I had envisioned.  It is a great addition to the guest room.

Thanks for stopping by...
Mrs. C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mickey Mouse Cookies and DIY Cookie Cutter

Converting Dress Pants to Maternity Pants

New Furniture! The Ashley Wilcot Collection and McAdams Recliner