The Beauty of Aloe Vera



There are many natural gifts that exist around us.  If we pay attention to what Mother Earth has to offer, we might be surprised.  Once I owned an aloe vera plant.  My mother had given it to me and I was actually able to keep it alive for quite some time.  It only died when we moved, I guess I failed to care for it properly.  I'm quite positive that is the reason for its demise.

When I had the aloe vera plant, I would break a little off to retrieve the gel from within when I had a cut.  It is quite effective in healing cuts and scrapes.  It can also be used for healing scars and moisturizing dry skin.

I recently discovered its benefits for hair.  For the past three years, I have had a major problem with dry scalp and flaking.  I started doing a pre-treat on my hair prior to washing it.  I make several parts and apply the aloe vera gel to my scalp.  I leave it on my hair for a few hours and then wash my hair.  Since doing this, I have noticed a dramatic decrease in the amount of flaking I have had.  I anticipate that in a few more weeks, I may no longer have an issue with flakes.

Also, I am a culry haired gal.  I recently decided to no longer undergo chemical processes to straighten my hair.  As a result, I have started to use aloe vera get to moisturize my strands so they do not appear dry.

In the near future, I will get a new aloe vera plant.  In the meantime, I am getting my aloe vera gel fix from a bottle.  I am currently using Fruit of the Earth's 100% Aloe Vera Gel.  It is definitely doing the trick for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mickey Mouse Cookies and DIY Cookie Cutter

Converting Dress Pants to Maternity Pants

New Furniture! The Ashley Wilcot Collection and McAdams Recliner