Hanging Hampers

Happy Friday!  This post will be quick and easy.  I saw this idea on Savvy Brown's blog.  It can be found here.  It works well for organizing laundry. 


Instead of using pillow cases, I made my own bags.  They are about the same size as a standard pillow case.  I sewed three sides together (the two long sides and on short side of the rectangular pieces of fabric).  Then I just created a loop all the way around the open end of the sack large enough to thread the drawstring through.

For the drawstring, I used a thick rope to give the bag something a little more durable from which to hang.  I made three of these bags, because we like to sort our laundry, and hung them from a scrap piece of wood I had left over from another project.  I added unfinished wooden knobs to the piece of wood to serve as hooks.  The piece is screwed into the studs in the wall.  Each bag is tied around a knob.

Once assembled around the embroidery hoop, and hung, the drawstring will cause the bag to close in a little.  However, the embroidery hoop helps to create an opening once the bag is hung.  Here is a side view of what the bag will look like.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mickey Mouse Cookies and DIY Cookie Cutter

Converting Dress Pants to Maternity Pants

Slow Cooker Shrimp Fajitas