Homemade Vanilla Extract

I have been making this for a while now.  Early last year, I came across a woman named Bethany's blog, Bethany Actually.  She did a simple tutorial on how to make your own vanilla extract.  Since I bake a lot, I figured it would be great to make this since it makes a good bit.  I also gave away several bottles as gifts.  You can see Bethany's original tutorial here.

I usually order the bottles from the same supplier Bethany used, Specialty Bottle.  For the vanilla beans, I have used both Beanilla and Amazon.com.  And for vodka, I used the same Svedka as her also.

If you would like to give away as gifts, keep in mind that it will take 30 days for the vanilla to steep once everything is put together.  So you would want to indicate that on the bottles.  I made labels with a "Best if used after" date.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mickey Mouse Cookies and DIY Cookie Cutter

Converting Dress Pants to Maternity Pants

New Furniture! The Ashley Wilcot Collection and McAdams Recliner