Steak Disguised as Fish

I had tuna steak at a restaurant once, it was awesome.  So I wanted to figure out a way to make it at home.  It seems the best way to cook it is to sear it in a pan with butter, salt and pepper.  Although I have not yet discovered a good sauce to top it with, I will.  This is how I usually cook the tuna.  I purchase a pound or so of tuna and cut it into four pieces (truer to a serving size than the big block of tuna they sell you).  I sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides. 


In a pan, I heat about 4 tablespoons of butter.  Once the butter has melted, I place all four pieces of tuna in the pan and cook for about 3 minutes. 


Then flip the tuna over and cook the other side for another 3 minutes. 


When you finish, you will have nice crisp edges but the inside should be just a little pink.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mickey Mouse Cookies and DIY Cookie Cutter

Converting Dress Pants to Maternity Pants

New Furniture! The Ashley Wilcot Collection and McAdams Recliner