Sno Cones in the Blender



It is starting to get warmer, and that means it is time for cool treats!  One of my favorites is the "Sno Cone".  It is an icy treat served with flavored syrup.  You can purchase a machine that will finely grate ice and syrup at the store, but I have often found the ice to be too chunky from those machines and the syrup too tart.  So I decided to try creating my own in the blender. 

Ingredients:
1 packet of Kool-Aid powder (flavor of your choice, I used grape)
4 cups of ice (crushed works better, but cubed can be used)
1 1/2 cups of sugar
3/4 cup of water

I simply put all the ingredients in the blender and crushed the ice.  I periodically stopped the blender during the blending process to move some of the ice closer to the blade.  In less than ten minutes, you have a homemade Sno Cone that serves about two adults or three small children.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mickey Mouse Cookies and DIY Cookie Cutter

Converting Dress Pants to Maternity Pants

Slow Cooker Shrimp Fajitas