Organizing clothes for the week


I am not a morning person.  It takes me forever to come to my senses.  Many days I wake up in a total state of confusion.  My routine usually includes me stumbling into the bathroom to run my bath water and then shuffling to my closet to see what to wear.

Growing up, my parents knew this about me.  My mom always made sure I ironed my clothes the night before for the next day.  On weekends when I had time, I would iron clothes for the entire week.

As an adult, I am trying to get back into the habit of ironing my clothes for the week.  I am also trying on the outfits before I iron them to make sure everything is comfortable and fits correctly.  There is nothing more aggravating than putting on what you think you are going to where to work and it doesn't fit or there is an unnoticed stain somewhere.

So, I have come up with an organizational solution to help me prepare clothes for the week.  On the back of my closet, I put five Command adhesive hooks, spaced apart about two inches each.  I did not include hooks for the weekends.  For me, it wasn't necessary.


After ironing the outfits, I hung them on the hooks.  Now, each morning when I am getting ready for work I can choose from any one of the five. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mickey Mouse Cookies and DIY Cookie Cutter

Converting Dress Pants to Maternity Pants

New Furniture! The Ashley Wilcot Collection and McAdams Recliner